red bulls nba team

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pictures and Videos from Lake Placid

Yesterday I made the trip to Lake Placid with four of my closest friends in a pickup truck.   It was extremely tight, but lots of fun. We were five of probably 10 Union students at the game, which is pretty disappointing, but we had a great time just being there. This was my first time watching the Dutchmen as a fan this season and had a memorable time.

It was pretty cool being at in Lake Placid, and the whole time I was there I couldn't stop thinking about how cool it would be to have the ECAC Final Four there. It must have been awesome when the tournament was there. The town just feels like hockey.

The crowd for the Union-RPI game wasn't that big, especially compared to the St. Lawrence-Clarkson game. But, there was still a good atmosphere and the Union fans were loud. I still think we need to get a legitimate pep band.

I also had the amazing opportunity to go up into the press box where Al Michaels called "The Miracle on Ice." It was probably the coolest moment in my time in sports media. That press box is the most famous press box in the history of sports... at least to me.

Here are some pics and vids from a great day:

Kevin Sullivan, Wayne Simpson, and Mike Ingoldsby
The center ice logo from the press box

The Dutchmen waiting to get introduced

Where Al Michaels was during the Miracle on Ice

Our seats

The final score. I didn't realize that UNC was playing haha

Outside the rink at night
The Five Guys: Scott Zurawel, Kyle Anderson, John Russell, Me, and Brendan Lichtenthal
Souvenirs from the game: Ticket, Press Pass, Program











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...