red bulls nba team

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Projected Bracket

The NCAA Tournament starts on Friday, which means I have to submit my bracket for the "NCAA Hockey Bracket Challenge" in support for "Score for Kristen and the Kids."

This is what I honestly think will happen in the 2011 NCAA Hockey Tournament:

Regionals
Bridgeport
Union over Minnesota-Duluth
Yale over Air Force
*Union over Yale

Manchester
Miami over New Hampshire
Merrimack over Notre Dame
*Miami over Merrimack

St. Louis
Nebraska-Omaha over Michigan
Boston College over Colorado College
*Boston College over Nebraska-Omaha

Green Bay
North Dakota over RPI
Western Michigan over Denver
*North Dakota over Western Michigan

Frozen Four
St. Paul
Miami over Union
Boston College over North Dakota
**Boston College over Miami

* Regional Championship
** Frozen Four Championship

As you can see, I'm confident that many of the "newer" and "less-known" teams will win a game, but the traditional powers will have no problems making the Frozen Four and winning the championship.

I feel that the Bridgeport region is the biggest toss up. I honestly believe that any of the four teams in that region can make it to the Frozen Four. You can call me a homer, but I like Union's chances against UMD and Yale. I wouldn't be surprised if all three games went into overtime. Also, I hope the ECAC has one representative in the Frozen Four.

The reason why I picked BC to win it all again is because of their expereince. They return a bunch of guys who won last year, including stud Cam Atkinson, and goaltender John Muse returns to try and win a third national championship. I like North Dakota because of their winning tradition and the leading scorer in the nation Matt Frattin. I also think Miami will go to the FF because of the dynamic duo of Carter Camper and Andy Miele, who both have good experience in the tournament. Personally, BC, North Dakota and Miami are on a level of their own and are the best three teams in the country.

Who knows what will happen? The NCAA Hockey tournament can be very unpredictable, which is what makes it so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...