red bulls nba team

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Union picked 3rd in ECAC Coaches and Media poll

The ECAC Coaches and Media poll came out on Tuesday. Here are the picks:

Coaches Poll
Team (first-place votes) Points
1. Yale (11) 121
2. Cornell (1) 92
3. Union 86
4. Rensselaer 79
5. Colgate 69
6. Dartmouth 67
7. Harvard 62
8. Quinnipiac 54
9. St. Lawrence 52
10. Princeton 43
11. Brown 34
12. Clarkson 33

Media Poll
Team (first-place votes) Points
1. Yale (25) 354
2. Cornell (2) 288
3. Union (1) 276
4. Colgate (2) 263
5. Rensselaer 211
6. Dartmouth 188
7. St. Lawrence 172
8. Quinnipiac 142
9. Princeton 135
10. Harvard 120
11. Brown 118
12. Clarkson 82

For the most part this is pretty similar to my picks. I had Yale and Cornell in the top two, and Clarkson at the bottom. The big differences are Dartmouth, RPI, and Brown. RPI was picked fourth in the Coaches Poll and fifth in the media poll, while I picked the Engineers to finish seventh. I just can't see the Engineers finishing in the top 5 without D'Amigo and Pirri.

It also looks like the coaches and media didn't agree with me in my sleeper picks. They both picked Dartmouth to finish sixth and Brown to finish 11th, while I have the Big Green finishing third, and the Bears finishing seventh. I just think Dartmouth hit their stride at the end of last season and will carry it into this season with the help of players like Fleming and Estoclet. Brown showed in the playoffs last season that they can beat anyone at anytime... Just ask RPI and Yale. Their hard-hitting play will definitely annoy the opposition.

Besides that, everything is about the same. The ECAC is always such a tight league that it's almost impossible to do these preseason rankings. You never know what's going to happen in this league. Hey, maybe Brown and Dartmouth have great seasons and I look like a genius... or they don't do that great and I look like an idiot. But that's what makes this whole blogging thing so fun!

Be sure to see what Ken Schott has to say about the rankings.

P.S. I wouldn't mind Union finishing 3rd at the end of the regular season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...