red bulls nba team

Monday, March 29, 2010

Miami, BC, Wisconsin, and RIT all advance to Frozen Four

This was a crazy post-season for college hockey, but it's almost over as we are finally down to our final four teams. On Sunday, Miami advanced with a 3-2 double overtime win over Michigan in the Midwest Regional, while in the Northeast Regional Boston College topped Yale in a wild 9-7 affair. The day prior, Wisconsin defeated St. Cloud 5-3 in the West Regional, and underdog RIT shocked New Hampshire with a 6-2 win in Albany.

I'm pretty much a lock to win my family bracket challenge as I picked three of the four teams that are in the Frozen Four (I doubt anyone picked RIT to make it anyways). Even though I picked Miami to win the tournament, I will be rooting for the RIT Tigers. Not only are they the underdog and from New York, but they play in Atlantic Hockey and because of my ties to Army I have to support them.

I think the Miami-BC matchup will be the most interesting. The Red Hawks are the #1 team in the nation and have a lot of momentum heading to Detroit. They also have the hunger to win the whole thing after last year's devastating loss in the championship game to BU. The Eagles will are also a very good team. The thing that keeps me interested in them is how they have won the Hockey East tournament and the Northeast Regional. They won the HE Tourney 7-6 and won 9-7 to win the regional. That type of firepower by the offense could be lethal in the playoffs. Also, BC is a program that is used to playing late into the season and won the national championship two years ago.

It will also be very interesting to see if RIT can extend their Cinderella season even further against Wisconsin. I watched their regional games and they are very capable of winning the championship, especially if their goaltender Jared DeMichiel keeps up his stellar play.

All in all, I am as excited to go the Frozen Four as I am any year. This weekend is basically Christmas for me. I'm still going to say that Miami will win it all, but if they don't I'll pick BC. But who knows. Who though RIT would win a game in the tournament? (besides me of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...