red bulls nba team

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Start Your Own Home Bakery!

By Patrick Driessen

"The key to happiness is having dreams. The key to success is making your dreams come true!"

Reading about starting your own home business on various websites and blogs I got inspired and started thinking about what kind of compelling home business I could start myself. I sat down and made a list with criteria and guidelines to structure my thinking. Some of the criteria my new home business needed to meet were: low upfront investment, easy to do on the side, fun to do, rewarding & satisfying, unique/different, high profit margin and easy to copy so others can follow my example (if successful).

After debating a lot of ideas with myself, I came up with a simple idea which meets all my pleasure, happiness and home business criteria: a home bakery!
Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread and eating fresh warm bread is delicious! It makes you very happy and satisfied! Starting your home bakery business is a happy business!
After doing research on the web I went out to find and buy the best professional (home) bread machine/baker’s oven with a lot of features and enhanced functionality. The RFP was $380 and I managed to buy it for $230, so a reasonable low upfront investment (prices of bread machines start at ~$130). Then I bought all the ingredients to bake bread in bulk (large volume bags) and a couple of pre-packaged bread mixes. At home I started test baking. It's very simple: just measure the right quantity of the 3 basic ingredients (bread mix, yeast, water), put them into the bread machine, push 2 buttons and off you go: within approx. 3 hours you have your own freshly baked bread! The bread machine does all the work!

Cost price of my own bread? For a 1-1.25 kg whole wheat bread the cost price is approx. $0.65 (including machine & electricity cost, excluding labour cost). Compare that to the high price of a mass manufactured bread, which you can buy at a local bakery or supermarket.

Having your own home bakery is a huge pleasure in each and every way and….as you can read above, you can save money with it! An additional benefit could be; eating healthier bread, because you decide what the ingredients are!
Taking it one step further by turning it into a home business: you can easily make money with it! Without much effort I can now offer and sell my neighbours, family and friends: 100% wholemeal bread, gluten free bread, yeast free bread, white bread, milk bread, French bread, sun-dried tomato bread, garlic bread, Italian bread, pesto & pinenut bread, Thai coconut curry bread, sweet corn bread, pumpkin bread, pecan & maple syrup bread, fruit loaf, chocolate chip bread, and nut bread. Just to name a few.
My bread machine also allows me to put the following on the menu: rosetta rolls, sticky cinnamon roles, doughnuts, hot cross buns, apple twist, pasta dough and pizza dough!

If you would calculate the cost prices for all these bread types and would multiply it a couple times to get your sales price, you’d make a healthy margin and….most importantly; you would have a happy home business, happy clients and enrich your own life as well! In the end you would be happier.

Conclusion: The story above is not so much about creating your own home business.... it's about making an investment in oneself, which is satisfying & rewarding and makes you happy! So....buy your own bread machine and start enjoying your own home bakery! Success guaranteed!

“It’s most rewarding to go the extra mile in everything you do!” – Patrick Driessen

Make this a Positive & Fruitful day....unless you have other plans!

Warm regards & success,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...