red bulls nba team

Monday, January 19, 2009

So Long, Shithead

I was tempted, especially on the night before Barack Obama's historic inauguration, to let bygones be bygones and skip posting this image altogether. It was done back in December for the Boston Phoenix, to accompany a story detailing the myriad reasons why the planet will be better off once Bush is out of power. Some of the reasons seem...I dunno, a little spurious...like maybe the research has been exaggerated a bit to fit the premise. Maybe not...hell, I'm not a scientist. But several other articles, editorials, etc, that I've read over the last few days made me realize why it's a drawing worth putting up on the blog.

The Bush presidency has been a complete disaster, and while I'm far from naive enough to think the new boss will come in and wave a magic wand and wipe all our problems away, it sure feels good to know that there's someone thoughtful, intelligent and yeah, inspiring at the helm.

I'm a fairly forgiving sort by nature, so it's tempting to think that since the Bush years are over, let's let bygones be bygones and move on. But then you take a look back over the last eight years and remember the inane blunders and horrible decisions, the strident, divisive "If you don't agree with me then you're not a true American" attitude...and it's really pretty unforgivable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...