red bulls nba team

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Two more Metal Jackets off to D-I ranks

Two Motor City Metal Jackets forwards have committed to Division I schools for next year as Patrick Sullivan is off to Canisius College (Atlantic Hockey) and Brice Geoffrion will play for independent Alabama-Huntsville.

Three players from last season's Motor City squad, goalie Jason Torf (Air Force/Atlantic Hockey) was the first, have now chosen their college hockey destinations for the future.

“I’m very excited to have the opportunity to be going to such a great institution, and especially one with such a great hockey tradition,” said Sullivan. “I’m also very fortunate that I will get to play my college career close to home in front of my friends and family."

Sullivan posted 22 points with 12 goals (seven on the power play) last season.

Geoffrion was a key component to the team's successful run to the playoffs and played an important role at both ends of the ice. He tallied three goals and eight points for the Metal Jackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...