red bulls nba team

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Love to Climb!

I started doing cycling at the local gym last year. If you've ever done stationary cycling you know how gruelling it can be..... It's a deep pain and extremely exhausting! That little TechnoGym bike can dish out quite a punch. It is a great workout.
It's been over a year now. I've been cycling once per week to get into better shape for hockey. It's worked!

When I first started cycling I used to hate climbing. Climbing is when you crank up your gear shift (resistance) on the bike. You crank it so you literally have to jump out of your seat to hammer down those pedals and keep moving. It takes every ounce of energy and effort to keep moving forward. It tests your will and your mind. Walking down a set of steps after this work out is not an option. Welcome to the climb!

I almost fell off the bike once when climbing. It was my fourth week cycling and we were running a climbing circuit. The circuit went like this: Stand up and climb for 5 seconds, down for 10 seconds, up for 5 and down for 10, and so on and so forth. As I was going up and down on one of those cycles I was spinning too fast and lost my footing - and almost lost the bike too!

Yesterday I was climbing again. When the music started and we were about to climb, I got excited! All I could see was this massive mountain in front of me. As I was climbing I was thinking about every challenge that has ever come my way. I was thinking about every obstacle that has ever been in my path. I was thinking about every time I've ever gotten knocked down and how I got back up. The mountain is a metaphor for all these things.

Now, when I start a climb I think to myself; "You're mine! I'm gonna eat you up!" And you know what, that's what happens when I leave the gym. Every time I face a new challenge, an obstacle or get knocked down, I think of the climb. I realize that there are only two options: go back where I came from or love the climb to the top!

Have no fear! See every challenge as an opportunity to learn, to improve and... to succeed!

Make this a Positive & Fruitful day....unless you have other plans!

Warm regards & success,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...