red bulls nba team

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Uni Watch Interview

I have a new interview up in the webiverse today, thanks to Paul Lukas of the spectacular Uni Watch blog, a daily collection of commentary, links and images about the wide and eclectic selection of sports uniforms out there (old-time zinesters will remember Paul from his excellent Beer Frame as well). His approach really speaks to me...I realized it only very recently that while I'm a pretty avid sports fan, I'm not that interested in stats and numbers. When I talk to my friends about sports, I'm not talking about plus/minus or quarterback ratings, I'm talking about the Pirates alternate cap or the Chargers powder blue jerseys. I love to watch the games, and I love the way they look...I've always dug logos and uniforms, and to find a place so devoted to their study is a wonderful thing.

It was also great to do an interview with someone outside the comics milieu...as much as I love talking with all the various sites and podcasts out there, the questions, by necessity, tend to be along the same lines. To mix it up a bit was a blast!

And as a welcome to any regular Uni Watch readers making their first visit here, here's an alternate version of the Mets girl illo posted in the interview. It's the same drawing, except that here she's wearing the 2008 version of the Mets jersey...the differences are slight, but I'm sure the Uni Watchers will notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...