red bulls nba team

Sunday, February 25, 2007



So close Dirk. So so close. But we won and we've got another hot little streak going on. Devean George is coming back in a week or so. I would love to write about the game but I'm still pretty stoked about the fact that I found myself talking Mavs with Donnie Nelson last night.

Per Donnie:

- His dad is super happy at Golden State and the rift was a "generational thing"

- Mark Cuban is a genius because "he's one of those 60's guys who doesn't like the establishment but secretly everyone knows that Stern loves him and respects him."

- The MAAniacs are more popular and their tryouts are more competitive than the cheerleader tryouts. And it all started because some fireman wrote Cuban to pitch the idea of a fat guy in a half shirt dancing to show his team spirit.

- He says that he was distraught last year because "we had our arms around that thing, we had the trophy in our hands and I don't know what happened"

Also, Donnie uses the word "Beantown" exclusively in lieu of saying Boston. And somehow managed to say "Beantown" a whole lot throughout normal conversation. I didn't tell him about my blog because I think the last thing he wants to hear is some nerd telling him to check out their blog. I have met lots of people. I had to find an out one time when Kevin Shields wouldn't stop talking about good places to get curry in the United States. Paul McCartney and I chatted on a sidewalk in London for five minutes once. But for some reason, I got really meek and starstruck when Donnie Nelson started telling stories about his dad and Avery. General Managers are the new rock stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...