red bulls nba team

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Arizona beat Texas Tech, the school where I'm on the faculty, 8-1 today to win the Worth Wildcat tournament at U of A. I happened to be attending an academic conference in Tucson, so I was able to attend parts of several games on Friday and Saturday. I left Tucson early today, so I didn't get to see the championship round in person. However, now that I'm back home, I've gotten caught up on the scores. I took some pictures at the games I attended, which I'll post in the next few days.

Turning to the Las Vegas tournament, which featured a number of highly ranked teams, No. 1 Tennessee won all of its games, thus keeping its record perfect for the year. The quality of opposition the Lady Vols faced was not exactly the toughest they will see this year, but pitcher Monica Abbott threw two no-hitters in the tournament (vs. Florida International and Cal State Northridge), a notable feat under any circumstances.

UCLA defeated Colorado State, Central Florida, UNLV, and Wright St. in Las Vegas, but for the second week in a row, showed some vulnerability. This time, the Bruins suffered an 8-1 loss to unranked Oklahoma State. Northwestern also went 4-1 in the tourney, with the loss coming to Cal Poly (San Luis Obispo), also not ranked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...