red bulls nba team

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Power of Love!

By Patrick Driessen

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” - Sophocles (496 BC – 406 BC)

For me life is all about working with people, helping people succeed, taking care of people, leading people, coaching people and having action, pleasure & fun with lots of people. So…. I really love people! Love has many facets and as some of you might know I always love to say: "Never underestimate the power of love!"

Below a couple of sides of love I'd like to explain and highlight.
When judgment is replaced with passion and love, most people tend to make different decisions than they otherwise would! If you are in a relationship with someone special you most often have deep love feelings for that person, even though you sensed that there were major differences between you two. Somehow you thought that these differences weren't important or that they would change along the way... Then you realised, that maybe things weren't as great as you thought... That realisation and the possible following break-up were tough in each and every way. It badly hurts. It seems as though love always hurts…. In fact; love does not hurt but it is the falling out of love or not having love that really hurts; there's a gap, you really miss something! And the higher you are, such as in the heights of passion or the tower of a long-term love, the harder the fall….. A break-up, divorce, death, or abandonment are some of the most painful experiences of life because we miss our love so much!

In my humble view we all need two things in life: 1.) Not be alone or feel alone, and 2.) Be appreciated and loved for whom we are! Love brings us together and loneliness reminds us that we are missing something in life. You may not even understand it, but the forces are there. We primarily seek fulfilment in the love of others, when we often need to love ourselves just as much, or even more.... You most likely will agree with me that giving yourself the power to love yourself even more, is often a tough challenge! However; being passionate and loving others starts with loving yourself and by being honest to yourself!

"Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all." - Michael Masser & Linda Creed


There’s another side of love, which is often forgotten or neglected: love at work/in business (and no, I do not mean falling in love at work!). Love in our day to day (work) lives can be shown or communicated by giving someone an acknowledgement, a compliment, a special kind of surprise, a sincere reward, a sincere smile or just by giving a loving and appreciative handshake. Just go and do it! I'm sure you'll love it and the receiving person(s) will appreciate and love it as well!

I had my moment of truth when I received several acknowledgements from a group of colleagues during a training course. On one side I really felt uncomfortable and I believe my face never turned so red before…., on the other side it simply felt great! I was overwhelmed by it, but I loved it! All the acknowledgements made me shine, it made me grow and glow, it gave me lots of energy and….I now have very special and positive memories of the moment and of the colleagues who gave me these positive acknowledgements! My lesson learned: Life's too short not to show your love or appreciation to someone or something! - by Patrick Driessen

"Love is the passionate and abiding desire on the part of two or more people to produce together conditions under which each can be, and spontaneously express, his real self: to produce together an intellectual soil and an emotional climate in which each can flourish, far superior to what either could achieve alone." - From "Apples of Gold" - un-attributed quote

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” - Sam Keen

Make this a Positive Day & Fruitful day….unless you have other plans!

Warm regards and enjoy loving the people around you,



Patrick Driessen
© Patrick W. Driessen. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...