red bulls nba team

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Grandstand Entertainment

Before I started working at the Fair I was under the impression that it was really easy to book Grandstand acts. I had my list of who I thought should be at the Fair: Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers (don't judge me), Kid Rock, Kenney Chesney (again). I'm beginning to understand that booking bands for the Grandstand is one of the hardest jobs and you truly can never please everyone! Over the next couple of posts I'm going to answer common questions we get and explain how we book acts and why we book them.

For starters we tend to book two rock acts and four country acts each summer. This is primarily due to our customer demographics, we conduct surveys during and after the Fair to get an idea of what bands our attendees are looking for. Once we know what there is an interest for we can start working with our agent to see who's available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...